Postgraduate dissertation examples
As part of the postgraduate community at the University of Sussex, you will take part in projects, and write dissertations. To get an idea of the projects some of our students have worked on, take a look at the examples below. This work is from the Masters in Applied Social Psychology and Foundations of Clinical Psychology and Mental Health.
Examples of dissertations on the MSc in Applied Social Psychology
- Acculturation preferences of minority and majority adolescents in Germany in the context of society and family.
(Published in International Journal of Intercultural Studies).
- Advertising's effect on male body image.
(Submitted as part of multi-study article for publication).
- Consumerism and well-being in the UK and India: a comparison of young and middle-aged adults.
(Manuscript in preparation for special issue of Indian Psychology Journal).
- Dealing with the past and facing the future: collective guilt, shame and forgiveness in post-war Bosnia Herzegovina.
(Published in Political Psychology, and European Journal of Social Psychology).
- The effect of model size on advertising effectiveness and women's body-focused anxiety.
(In press as part of multi-study article in Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology).
- Nie wieder: Group-based emotions for ingroup wrongdoing affect attitudes toward unrelated minorities.
(To be published in Political Psychology).
- Rehabilitating civilian victims of war: an evaluation of a psychosocial intervention in Sierra Leone.
(Submitted for publication).
Examples of student projects on the MSc in Foundation of Clinical Pyschology and Mental Health
- Developing cognitive interventions to enhance alcohol consumption regulation.
- Exploring the impact of physical exercise upon people diagnosed with Alzeimer's disease.
- Exploring the role of social identity in moderating the stressful effects of trauma in mass emergencies and disasters.
- Exploring the use of technologies to facilitate the care of people with learning disabilities.
- Impression management in children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorders.
- Needs assessment and audit of local NHS recovery services.
- The development of a computerised cognitive behavioural therapy program for per-natal mental health.
- The development of mindfulness-based groupwork for people experiencing long-term depression.
- The effects of social anxiety of face recognition.
- The role of parental speech patterns in the development of childhood behaviour style.
- Talking to children about mental illness: a randomised controlled trial to promote positive mental illness literacy in primary school children