Hosting costs are threatening my ability to provide The Thesis Builder free to students worldwide. If you have enjoyed using any of the Thesis Builders since I first posted them in 1995, could I ask you to consider making a donation? I especially encourage any schools or institutions who link to the site to consider supporting this effort.
Kind regards, Tom
ElectraGuide is a tool that wants to help high school students:To use Thesis Builder, you'll need:
- a topic
- opinions about the topic
- reasons for your opinion and a main reason others might disagree
- Answer the following questions in short phrases (not full sentences).
- Click the "Build a Thesis" button when you're finished.
- A window will pop open with your Built Thesis.
- Go back and adjust your answers to smooth out the thesis until it makes sense and expresses your beliefs. Clicking on the "Build a Thesis" button again will update your thesis to show your changes.
- Once you've got a thesis statement, use the Make an Online Outline button to generate the framework for your essay. (Would you like to see an example outline?)